2/23: dippedcone (pattern, mutation of leopard and camo)
2/23: leopard (pattern)
2/20: harbourfog (base color)
2/12: baddate (eye shape)
2/12: yokel (mouth, mutation of cheeky and starstruck)
2/12: starstruck (mouth, mutation of wuvme and gerbil)
2/12: wuvme (mouth)
2/9: bobtail (fur)
2/9: eqyptiankohl (highlight color)
2/6: tiger (pattern)
2/2: coralsunrise (eye color)
2/2: birman (fur)
2/20: YuriCatsuki (Ice Skating Fancy)
2/15: MisterPurrfect (Valentine’s Day Fancy)
2/13: Earnie (Golden Kitty Fancy)
2/6: Cathena: Kitty #500000 (Exclusive)
News and Gossip
- All Fancy Cats are now limited-edition. Read about it HERE.
- There were two “Failgatos” bred last night. They both had onyx, wolfgrey, henna, and slyboots but didn’t turn into the Negato fancy like they should have. This was an error during the limited-edition fancy update, which makes these two kitties “misprints” and potentially more valuable to collectors.
- Someone sent me an ugly kitty as a prank and it made me laugh, so I sent him out again in the hopes that he’ll bring hilarity to others as well. I named him JokeCat and made a page about him so that others can learn about his origin. You can read about him HERE.
- I wrote a post about discontinued traits…and then one of the discontinued traits (totesbasic_g) popped up in Gen 0’s again. *headshake* BUT none of the other discontinued traits will be coming back. This was confirmed by the CryptoKitties Community Manager: “Totesbasic re-appearing caused some worries, but I can promise you no traits other than totesbasic will come back.”
- MisterPurrfect was announced as a limited-time fancy, but no one knows what the limit is.
- We have two contests going on right now on Kitty411. There’s the International “Miss Kitty” Beauty Pageant (grand prize: gold medal) and the Kitty Treasure Hunt (five free kitties as prizes).
- The CK website was lagging pretty badly this week, so many people learned how to breed kitties through the smart contract (MEW). I did it myself for the first time and it wasn’t too scary. You can find a step-by-step guide and a video walk-through HERE. You can also find an in-depth article about the blockchain backend HERE. (Special thanks to LucyintheSky and AlanFalcon!)
Popular This Week
Third Party Resources
Featured Kitty (click to buy)
Subscribe to the Weekly 411 via email:
(I will never sell your email address.)
1/30: twilightsparkle (eye color, mutation of forgetmenot and sapphire)
1/30: forgetmenot (eye color)
1/30: norwegianforest (body type)
1/30: savannah (body type)
1/31: Momo-chan (Ninja Fancy)
1/29: Negato the Ninja (Ninja Fancy)
- Word on the street is that there will be fancies released for each new region CryptoKitties is launching into this month. Ninjas for Japan, something for China / HK (maybe a Fortune Cat?), and something for South Korea (I hope it’s a K-Pop Kitty!).
- Speaking of fancies, we know there’s a Golden Kitty fancy waiting to be discovered (probably needs gold eyes).
- It’s also likely that there will be a Valentine’s Day fancy released before Feb. 14.
- “Family jewels” (enhanced cattributes) are supposed to arrive this week. Hmm…where are they? Speculation is that they may have something do to with “first-of-their-kind” cats. The developers suggested that they might apply to you if you were “one of the first to discover a new cattribute these past few weeks”.
- Now that the China launch is just around the corner, players are starting to pay attention to the Chinese numerology of Kitty #s. In particular, players are looking for kitties with several 8’s in a row. In Chinese, the word for 8 (ba) sounds very similar to the word for wealth (fa), so several 8’s together (8888) suggests that you may be very lucky and prosperous. To learn more about Chinese numerology, look HERE.
- Something is going to happen when we hit 500,000 kitties. According to this tweet, Kitty #500000 may look something like this:
- The first Kitty Battle is happening now! The winner of the Kitty Battle contest will receive an exclusive Kitty411 Gold Medal, a free kitty, and a limited-edition kitty football helmet. For details (and to enter your kitty), visit the CONTEST page.
To receive the Weekly 411 via email, subscribe here:
BJ Kitty is one of the nicest breeders I’ve met, and he produces some really high-quality cats. Check out his profile HERE.
What’s been going on this week in CryptoKitties? Glad you asked!
1/26: ganado (pattern)
1/26: trioculus (wild add-on)
1/25: purplehaze (secondary color)
1/20: cheeky (mouth)
1/20: wasntme (mouth)
1/20: turtleback (pattern color)
1/20: apricot (pattern color)
1/20: morningglory (secondary color)
- CryptoKitties developers keeping dropping hints on Twitter about undiscovered fancies. Players are speculating that there might be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Fancy waiting to be discovered (see this tweet). Some players are convinced that “turtleback” would be a needed trait for a ninja (turtle?) kitty.
- There’s also speculation that there’s an undiscovered fancy that uses “onyx” (see this tweet). (Either the same or different fancy as the turtleback one.)
- Aaaaand also “henna“. (See tweet here.)
- The artwork for “onyx”, “pouty”, and “ganado” was changed. Onyx now has white whiskers instead of black, pouty now has less of a smile, and ganado’s side and chest diamonds no longer match the side and chest color, respectively. See the Original Artwork post for pictures and details.
- The developers said that their Twitter polls give out hints about undiscovered Fancy Cats.
- Mark Flavelle (co-founder) had an AMA on Token Daily.
- CryptoKitties was nominated for a Golden Kitty Award from Product Hunt. The developers suggested that they will release a “golden kitty” fancy if they win the award. Go here to vote.
- Family Jewels, or “enhanced cattributes”, are coming next week. I wonder what that means!
3rd Party Content
- KittyCalc.co (breeding calculator with trait ratings) launched this week.
- KittyFamily – See your kitty’s ancestry with this kitty family tree tool.
To receive the Weekly 411 via email, subscribe here: