aquamarine + skyblue + seafoam
Fact of the Day: “Chat Plongeur” means “Cat Diver” in French
At long last, the Fancy inspired by CrypoKitties411’s Create-Your-Own-Fancy-Recipe Contest has been discovered! The original recipe submitted was:
30. Day at the Beach = aquamarine + seafoam + skyblue + coralsunrise
with coralsunrise being removed for the final version. That makes sense because Fancies rarely have an eye color trait (exceptions for Dracula, Mister Purrfect, and Fortune Cat).
persian + spock + raisedbrow + violet + tongue
Facts of the Day:
1. DocPurrs do not have a special fancy bio because they are an old fancy that has been hidden for a long time. The clues were eventually revealed from fancy feature bios from the CryptoKitties blog.
2. The 250 limit for DocPurr was reached in less than 2 days!
norwegianforest + thicccbrowz + orangesoda + luckystripe
Fact of the Day: Swish was briefly called “basketballcat”
You can use this spreadsheet to read your kitty’s genes for you. Read below to understand how it works.
Find and Read Your Kitty’s Genetic Code
1. Your kitty’s genome is made up of gene blocks. Each block of 4 genes describes a cattribute category. Your kitty has 1 dominant trait and 3 recessive traits in each group. The dominant trait (D0) is on the right side and is your kitty’s visible cattribute (e.g. sphynx). The recessive traits are non-visible, but may be passed on to children.
2. Kittens have a 75% chance of inheriting the dominant trait from one of their parents, and a 25% chance of inheriting one of their parents’ recessive genes. (For detailed odds, see my post on Breeding Outcomes.)
The Trait Chart has all known traits and their kai and binary codes.
This spreadsheet will read your kitty’s genes for you.
Cats being stuck with “Bun in Oven” or “Resting” is a common issue, and it will generally resolve itself within a few hours. But in case you don’t want to wait, you can call the smart contract manually using MyEtherWallet.
Breeding with Smart Contract (MEW)
UPDATE: They have removed the CryptoKitties contract from MEW. You can copy the ABI from here:
STEP 0: Make sure your cats are ready to breed or the transaction will fail. (Click on the link in step 3 and enter the kitty IDs individually on line 29 “isReadyToBreed” and click on Query to check.)
1. Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/.
2. Click on the Contracts tab.
3. Select the CryptoKitties smart contract (the address should match https://etherscan.io/address/0x06012c8cf97bead5deae237070f9587f8e7a266d#readContract).
4. Click Access.
5. Select the breedWithAuto function.
6. Input the kitty IDs of your matron and sire.
7. Select Metamask as your sending option in the bottom. Click Connect to Metamask.
8. Press Write and enter in the breeding fee (currently 0.008 at the time of this post, this breeding fee can change) as the sending value in the popup.
9. Send the transaction and in the Metamask popup, enter your gas price. (See https://ethgasstation.info/ for current gas prices.)
Once your transaction is successful, the matron of the breeding pair should have a new Bun in the Oven. Happy breeding!
Here is a video walk-through of the process provided by LucyintheSky:
Courtesy of DERPYBASTARD and anyone else who contributed to this how-to guide.