Cats being stuck with “Bun in Oven” or “Resting” is a common issue, and it will generally resolve itself within a few hours. But in case you don’t want to wait, you can call the smart contract manually using MyEtherWallet.
Breeding with Smart Contract (MEW)
STEP 0: Make sure your cats are ready to breed or the transaction will fail. (Click on the link in step 3 and enter the kitty IDs individually on line 29 “isReadyToBreed” and click on Query to check.)
1. Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/.
2. Click on the Contracts tab.
3. Select the CryptoKitties smart contract (the address should match https://etherscan.io/address/0x06012c8cf97bead5deae237070f9587f8e7a266d#readContract).
4. Click Access.
5. Select the breedWithAuto function.
6. Input the kitty IDs of your matron and sire.
7. Select Metamask as your sending option in the bottom.
8. Press Write and enter in the breeding fee (currently 0.008 at the time of this post, this breeding fee can change) as the sending value in the popup.
9. Send the transaction and in the Metamask popup, enter your gas price. (See https://ethgasstation.info/ for current gas prices.)
Once your transaction is successful, the matron of the breeding pair should have a new Bun in the Oven. Happy breeding!
Courtesy of DERPYBASTARD and anyone else who contributed to this how-to guide.