Update: Earnie (the Golden Kitty Fancy) does NOT require gold. Details below.
There are a lot of fancies waiting to be discovered right now. Here’s what we think we know. (Remember: before going after a fancy combo, make sure no kitties already exist with that combo.)
Golden Kitty Fancy (Earnie)
- Named in honor of Earn.com for winning the Product Hunt Golden Kitty Award (CryptoKitties was a nominee for the award).
- Released around Feb. 1.
- Twitter hint #1: “Their favorite drink is neither Coke nor Pepsi.” This probably means that orangesoda is a required trait, although it’s possible it could be referring to lemonade (or both).
- Twitter hint #2: “They picked up this cattribute on a trip to Burma…” This is referring to the cattribute birman (confirmed by the developers on Twitter).
- Twitter hint #3: “Earnie has a favorite kind of fairy tail…” This is probably referring to grim.
- Twitter hint #3.5: “Trying to breed Earnie with a cattribute as literal as this one is a fool’s errand…” This means that gold (eye color) is NOT a required cattribute in the Earnie formula.
- Earnie has 4 traits. (According to the CK developers on Twitter.)
- Earnie = orangesoda + birman + grim +
gold+ (lemonade(?), daffodil(?), …?)
Good Fortune Kitty (Maneki-Neko)
- Unconfirmed fancy from a leaked image from a meet-up in Hong Kong.
- Guesses from the image: wingtips, calicool, soserious, topaz/forgetmenot/sapphire, bobtail
- From the Wikipedia page about Maneki-Neko (lucky kitties), it says that they’re most commonly white. So cloudwhite is likely part of the formula as well.
- Note: Most fancies have 4-trait requirements. And some fancies exhibit traits that aren’t part of their formulas (e.g. SantaClaws has cheeky), and vice versa.
- Maneki-Neko = wingtips(?) + calicool(?) + cloudwhite(?) + bobtail(?) + soserious(?) + topaz/forgetmenot/sapphire(?) + …?
Lion-Dance Kitty (Chinese Fancy #2)
- According to a Quartz article about the CryptoKitties launch in China, there will be three fancies released during the Lunar New Year holiday season, and one of those will be kitty dressed in a lion-dance costume.
Chinese Fancy #3
- See above comment.
Chinese Golden Dragon Exclusive Kitty
- According to the same Quartz article, there will also be an exclusive kitty that resembles a golden dragon. Since it will be an exclusive fancy kitty, it will not have a recipe and will not be able to be created.
Year of the Dog Kitty (Exclusive?)
- This dog kitty is most likely an exclusive kitty (cannot be reproduced). In other words, it probably doesn’t have a “recipe”.
- We know it exists based on this image and message from Benny: “We’ve announced our partnership with Cobo for the Chinese New Year launch. We will be doing a co-marketing campaign with the top prize being one of the most coveted kitties. A symbol for the year of the dog!”
Draco (Dragon Kitty)
- May or may not be released yet.
- No hints have been given out, no traits have been confirmed. The formula pieces below are pure guesses.
- Draco = wuvme(?) + verdigris(?) + googly(?) + spangled(?) + elk(?) + …?
- Unconfirmed, but since there have been fancies for Japan (ninjas) and fancies for China (see above), we can assume that South Korea will get some too.
Valentine’s Day Fancy (Love Kitty)
- Unconfirmed, but there are usually fancies for all the major holidays.
- Love Kitty = wuvme(?) + chocolate(?) + strawberry(?) + …?
For recipes for all the discovered fancies, visit How to Make Fancy Cats.
To learn about how fancy cats are “released” and discovered, visit THIS POST.
Also, make sure to check out our Contest this week!