norwegianforest + thicccbrowz + orangesoda + luckystripe
Fact of the Day: Swish was brief called “basketballcat”
Fact of the Day: Swish was brief called “basketballcat”
@Kitty.fyi is a CryptoKitties player who recently started something awesome: KittyAirDrop.com.
“KittyAirDrop.com is a way for new CryptoKitties players to get started in the game by receiving a free kitty from the community. Generous players donate their spare kitties to KittyAirDrops and then those are sent to new players when they fill out the airdrop form. After filling out the form and while waiting on your kitty to be airdropped, we encourage new players to visit the official Discord server and introduce themselves to the community - we are here to help!”
This is a no-strings-attached airdrop coordinated by a trusted community member. All the free kitties were donated from generous players.
If you can spare a few extra kitties to help new players get started, please donate them to this address: 0xc273487f0e8b0e55f612f69f5e29074e986180dd
Did you hear the news?! The CryptoKitties team took one of your submissions from the Kitty411 Recipe Contest and turned it into a real Fancy Cat! It’s out there waiting to be discovered right now!
They used one of the recipes submitted by players (see below), but removed one of the required traits (see the CK tweet here). I have no idea which kitty it will be. Maybe it’s yours!
(Check out the Fancy-Chasing Document in the sidebar to see which combinations the community has already eliminated.)
1. Grampy Kitty = bobtail + rascal + coffee + bananacream + grim + chronic
2. Construction Kitty = cloudwhite + azaleablush + chronic + bubblegum + himalayan + soserious + luckystripe + royalpurple
3. Easter chicken = lemonade + daffodil + nachocheez + belch
4. Kitty Commando = camo + onyx + sandalwood + turtleback + soserious
5. Grumpy Cat = savannah + bananaCream + rascal + sandalwood + barkbrown + slyboots + cyan + grim
6. Simon’s Cat = munchkin + cloudwhite + totesbasic + belch + googly
7. Uncle Sam = starstruck + spangled + scarlet + cloudwhite + baddate + morningglory
8. Jamaïca Kitty = lemonade + gold + wingtips + ganado + wild_4
9. LokiCat = elk + verdigris + slyboots + grim
10. The Aviator = koala + rascal + sandalwood + coffee + otaku
11. 50 Shades of Grey = granitegrey + thundergrey + shadowgrey + wolfgrey
12. World Cup Trophy Kitty = manx + orangesoda + luckystripe + daffodil + turtleback + buzzed + gold + starstruck
13. Save the Bees = nachocheez + luckystripe + egyptiankohl + alien + daffodil (because every bee needs a flower 🙂)
14. Mr.Gold = gold + bananacream + daffodil + lemonade
15. Schrödinger’s Cat = spock + forgetmenot + wonky + greymatter + poisonberry + bloodred + grim + mystery_2 + secret_R + unknown_M
16. Lil Bub = stunned + limegreen + tongue + tiger (see below for explanation)
17. Thunder Kitty = norwegianforest + cloudwhite + thunderstruck + icy + skyblue + thicccbrowz + cyan + soserious
18. KiTarzan = koala + leopard + kittencream + wolfgrey + serpent (KiTarzan is a play on an old comedy song titled “Gitarzan.” The key is that all traits in the recipe are “animal names” or have an animal in them.)
19. Throne Kitty = norwegianforest + dragonfruit + amur + icy + royalblue + stunned + gold + beard
20. Star Trek Kitty = spock + harbourfog + pouty + slyboots + egyptiankohl
21. Fat Cat = mainecoon + rascal + gold + wiley + mauveover + royalblue + icy + belch
22. Jaffa Cake Kitty = apricot + chocolate + stunned + wuvme
23. Puzz Lightyear = ragdoll + buzzed + starstruck + skyblue + twilightsparkle
24. 101 Dalmation Kitty = Gen:101 + cloudwhite + egyptiankohl + leopard
25. Raccoon Kitty = birman + koala + rascal + granitegrey + egyptiankohl + googly + chestnut + belch
26. Jesus Zombie Kitty = barkbrown + bloodred + swampgreen + gold
27. Spring Cupcake = pixiebob + bananacream + wingtips + springcrocus + missmuffett
28. The Night King Kitty = selkirk + onyx + thunderstruck + belleblue + royalblue + sass + cyan + soserious + secret_r
29. Sassy Kitty = sass + soserious + missmuffet + rascal
30. Day at the Beach = aquamarine + seafoam + skyblue + coralsunrise
31. Egyptian Kitty = egyptiankohl + henna + sphynx + sandalwood + serpent
32. 411 Kitty = cloudwhite + wingtips + calicool + whixtensions + calicool + laperm
33. MarleyCat = ragamuffin + happygokitty + chronic + strawberry
34. Inkjet Kitty = shadowgrey + thundergrey + granitegrey + wolfgrey + stunned + belch
35. Bradine = cymric + slyboots + leopard + bloody + gold + mauveover
36. Boardwalk Amusement Park Kitty = cottoncandy + dippedcone + lemonade + seafoam + bubblegum
37. SuperMutant = manx + hotrod + babypuke + onyx + neckbeard
38. Pretty and Pink = dragonfruit + ganado + missmuffett + springcrocus + wingtips + twilightsparkle + whixtensions
39. Aurora = norwegianForest + twilightSparkle + icy + stunned + starstruck
40. Angel Kitty = cloudwhite + wingtips + cyan + soserious + totesbasic
41. Prison Kitty = henna + slyboots + grimace + bloodred + royalblue
42. Cream City Brick = totesbasic + bananacream + kittencream + gold
43. Nerd Cat = otaku + neckbeard + nachocheez + spock + twilightsparkle
44. Bob the Cat = orangesoda + ragdoll + tiger + chocolate
45. Raccoon = mainecoon + koala + rascal + egyptiankohl + slyboots
46. Leprecat = manx + hintomint + luckystripe + emeralgreen + gold
47. Altered Consciousness Kitty = sizzurp + greymatter + chronic + coffee + purplehaze
48. “Beary Cute” = pixiebob + koala + kittencream + lilac + wonky + beard + jaguar
49. Dragon kitty = verdigris + swampgreen + googly + wuvme
50. Half Baked = nachocheez + neckbeard + chronic + swampgreen
51. 420 fancy = purplehaze + cheeky + chronic + nachocheez
52. Felicette (The Astro Cat) = onyx + icy + twlightsparkle + starstruck
53. Starspangled Kitty (Independence Day theme) = cloudwhite + bloodred + royalblue + starstruck
54. Drunky = verdigris + belch + azaleablush + buzzed + babypuke
55. Claw 54 = birman + onyx + rascal + seafoam + royalpurple + alien + coralsunrise + dali
56. Banana Split Kitty = chartreux + bananacream + dippedcone + bloodred + lemonade + fabulous + chestnut + cheeky
57. Oatmeal’s Pterodactyl = munchkin + koala + thunderstruck + sandalwood + coffee + otaku + babypuke + saycheese
58. St. George’s Day Kitty = manx + cloudwhite + ganado + bloodred + scarlet + slyboots + strawberry + soserious
59. Bird Awesome = birman + calicool + icy + skyblue + cyan + cloudwhite + tongue + wingtips
If you were the creator of one of these recipes, please let me know below so the CryptoKitties team can give you a shout-out if your kitty is discovered.
We are switching from Kai notation to Integer notation!
There are different notations that can be used to describe a kitty’s genes. The blockchain uses a version that’s difficult to decipher (to make it harder for us to decode the genome). Kaigani was an early player that did most of the work in cracking the kitty genome. He did so by converting the notation on the blockchain to binary notation, and then converting those binary numbers into a single digit (base-58) code. We’ve nicknamed that notation “kai” notation in honor of him.
However, there are a few drawbacks to kai notation. It skips the letter “L” and its use of both numbers and (English) letters isn’t as intuitive for a broad international audience. As much as we’ve appreciated both Kai and his notation, we’re going to be switching over to Integer notation (along with KittyCalc and Kotobaza).
Here’s what you need to know:
Alan Falcon has written an in-depth article about the switch to Integer notation.
Shorthand for Trait Categories:
Eye Shape: ES
Eye Colour: EC
Highlight Colour: HC
Accent Colour: AC
Base Colour: BC
Will there be two cats in the game that are the same?
Well…yes and no and here is why.
Two kitties may look similar, but underneath, they probably have a different gene set. Kitties have hidden genes in addition to their visible traits.
How often do kitties come out looking exactly the same?
This is actually a pretty rare occurrence. In order for a cat to be cloned (visually) from its parents, the kitty must pull all 8 dominant genes from one parent. The odds at that happening are approximately 0.04%. When I bred the pair below, I thought the UI was lagging when kitty was born.
When I looked at their genes, however, I found that they were actually unique. (I used CryptoKittyDex.com to see their hidden genes.)
It’s technically possible for two kitties to come out with EXACTLY same genes, but the odds of that are nearly zero. Besides, there would still be other elements that would differentiate them, like their Kitty ID #, their jewels, their Generation, etc.
So if you have a “Clone Kitty”, count yourself lucky! They’re rare and fun. 🙂